Continuing Medical Education
NYU Long Island School of Medicine develops and delivers continuing medical education (CME), continuing professional development, and maintenance of certification for a range of professionals, including physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to improve the quality, safety, and efficacy of clinical care. View upcoming and on-demand courses, claim CME credits and certificates, and access information for course directors and planners at our online learning center.
Our activities are designed to enhance the professional development of healthcare providers by augmenting clinical knowledge and competence, improving clinical performance, and promoting lifelong learning. We use the latest interactive teaching techniques, including case-based education, hands-on simulations, reflective exercises, and self-assessments.
The mission of the Office of Continuing Medical Education at NYU Long Island School of Medicine encompasses the following:
- promoting lifelong learning and all desirable physician attributes expressed in the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) core competencies, now universally adopted across the medical education continuum
- improving the knowledge, competence, and performance of physicians and allied healthcare professionals in all represented specialties of medicine and surgery
- identifying the professional practice gaps of the medical staff that might be addressed through the CME process
- designing and implementing CME activities that present content that is unbiased, evidence-based, and free of commercial interest
- enhancing clinician performance to achieve institutional patient safety and performance improvement goals, as well as individual goals of maintenance of certification and re-licensure
- evaluating changes in physician competence and performance as a result of the CME process, using both quantitative and qualitative measures
The CME program supports the overall mission of NYU Long Island School of Medicine and its staff to enhance the quality of life for all our patients by providing the highest-quality patient care and to advance the overall practice of medicine in our community.
Upcoming CME Events
NYU Long Island School of Medicine offers a wide range of on-site professional and CME programs. View our calendar of upcoming CME events, departmental grand round schedules, and on-demand self-paced activities to learn more about current accredited and non-accredited professional education program offerings and to register online.
NYU Long Island School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide CME for physicians through March 31, 2023. Our provider number is 0006392.
NYU Long Island School of Medicine is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide nursing contact hours through December 20, 2023. Our provider number is NY009-2020.
We provide social worker continuing education that is accredited by New York Office of the State Board for Social Work (provider number SW-0319). Accreditation for continuing education for other clinical professions, including registered respiratory therapists, certified respiratory therapists, physical therapists, and occupational therapists, is provided on a per-activity basis.
It is the policy of NYU Long Island School of Medicine to adhere to ACCME Accreditation Criteria, Policies, and Standards for Commercial Support in order to ensure content validity, fair balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all its sponsored programs.
All faculty, planners and authors of CME content, who participate in sponsored programs, must disclose to the audience any potential, apparent or real conflicts of interest related to their contribution to the activity, as well as any discussions of off-label or investigational uses of any commercial products or devices not yet approved in the United States. All disclosures will be made at the time of the activity. Please call 516-663-2521 to express any concerns.
Rob Martin, MBA, CHCP
Assistant Dean and Director, CME
Manager, CME Events/Compliance
Postgraduate Curriculum Data Specialist
For information about our CME programs, email email@example.com or call 516-663-0333. Our mailing address is 222 Station Plaza North, Suite 510, Mineola, New York 11501.