Maria Lyn Quintos Alagheba, MD
I am a pediatrician and educator, with specialized training in critical care medicine, quality improvement science and executive leadership. I first joined NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island as associate director of pediatric critical care and currently serve as the chief quality and safety officer for children’s services.
I am passionate about educating exemplary primary care physicians at NYU Long Island School of Medicine and mentoring the next generation of leaders for our nation’s health system. I am a dedicated educator and have been recognized as an outstanding teacher both by my peers and students in our pediatric residency program.
My current focus includes the development of a transformative health systems science curriculum for undergraduate medical education. My goal is to nurture the growth and development of primary care physicians with enhanced capability as leaders, change agents, and stewards of our healthcare system. I have expertise in the design, innovation, and execution of high-value quality improvement portfolios and in the leadership of cross-functional teams. I have served as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt consultant for strategic organization-wide priorities.
I also spearheaded the development of the Performance Improvement Science Academy at NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island and serve as its director. The goal of the program is to build internal quality improvement capabilities for the organization, including project leadership and the mentorship of students and trainees, as well as to advance quality improvement scholarship.
I have authored articles, abstracts, and book chapters, and have served in multiple positions as a regional and national leader in quality improvement and patient safety.
Education and Training
- Lean Six Sigma Operating Excellence Program, Rutgers School of Business, 2018
- Academy for Healthcare Leadership Advancement Program, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, 2016
- Fellow, Greater New York Hospitals Association, Clinical Quality, 2013
- Fellow, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Keck School of Medicine of USC, Critical Care, 2001
- Chief Resident, NYU Medical Center, Pediatrics, 1996
- Resident, NYU Medical Center, Pediatrics, 1995
- MD, University of Santo Tomas, 1990
222 Station Plaza, Suite 521
Mineola, NY 11501