Urology Presentations & Publications
Members of the urology research group at NYU Grossman Long Island School of Medicine’s Department of Urology actively present at conferences and seminars throughout the United States and publish frequently in leading peer-reviewed journals.
Our faculty frequently give talks to highlight new and ongoing research in the field.
American Urological Association
Our faculty gave the following presentations at the recent annual meeting of the American Urological Association.
- “Distinguishing Between Prostate-Specific Antigen Bounce and Biochemical Recurrence Following Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer.” Podium presentation.
- “High-Volume Biopsy Core Involvement Predicts for Elevated PSA Nadir Following Definitive SBRT in Intermediate Risk Prostate Cancer.” Podium presentation.
- “Early Percent Prostate-Specific Antigen Reduction Post Cryotherapy Can Predict Biochemical Recurrence in Men with Prostate Cancer.” Poster presentation.
- “Five-Year Oncologic Outcomes at a Single Institution Following Focal Cryotherapy for Prostate Cancer Management.” Poster presentation.
- “Focal Cryotherapy and Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy Have Similar Oncologic and Functional Outcomes in Treatment of Low to Intermediate Unilobe Prostate Cancer.” Poster presentation.
- “Pediatrics: The History of the Catheterizable Channel.” Poster presentation.
- “Flow Rates and Flow Indexes in Pediatric Patients After Hypospadias Urethroplasty: Uroflow Parameters in 458 Repaired Hypospadiac and 1,081 Normal Flows.” Poster presentation.
Society of Urologic Oncology
Our faculty presented the following poster at the 2021 annual meeting of the Society of Urologic Oncology: “Bowel, Urinary, and Sexual Function in Patients with Low to Intermediate Risk Prostate Cancer on Active Surveillance and Primary Focal Therapy.”
Here is a selection of recent publications by our faculty.
Deivasigamani S … Polascik TJ. Primary whole-gland ablation for the treatment of clinically localized prostate cancer: A Focal Therapy Society best practice statement. Eur Urol. 2023. DOI.
Park H … Petkova E. Development and validation of a treatment benefit index to identify hospitalized patients with COVID-19 who may benefit from convalescent plasma. JAMA Netw Open. 2022. DOI.
Troxel AB … Antman EM. Association of convalescent plasma treatment with clinical status in patients hospitalized with COVID-19: A meta-analysis. JAMA Netw Open. 2022. DOI.
Ortigoza MB … Pirofski L-A. Efficacy and safety of COVID-19 convalescent plasma in hospitalized patients: A randomized clinical trial. JAMA Intern Med. 2021. DOI.
Mendelson J … Katz A. Bowel, urinary, and sexual function in patients with low to intermediate risk prostate cancer on active surveillance and primary focal cryotherapy. Ann Minim Invasive Surg. 2021. DOI.