Postgraduate Year Two Pediatric Pharmacy Residency
NYU Langone Health offers a one-year postgraduate year two (PGY-2) Pediatric Pharmacy Residency. Our program, based at NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island, trains residents to practice in neonatal and pediatric pharmacotherapy.
Residents have the opportunity to work with various interdisciplinary pediatric teams, participate in providing high-level pediatric pharmaceutical care, and apply evidence-based recommendations when caring for patients.
Pediatric Pharmacy Residency Curriculum
Our curriculum consists of the following core rotations:
- general pediatrics
- neonatal intensive care I
- neonatal nutrition
- orientation/pharmacy operations
- pediatric emergency medicine
- pediatric infectious diseases
- pediatric intensive care I
Residents may choose from the following elective rotations:
- pediatric hematology–oncology infusion center
- pediatric ambulatory care
- pediatric pulmonology
- maternal–fetal medicine and obstetrics
- precepting rotation
- repeat a core rotation
Pediatric Pharmacy Residency Longitudinal Requirements
Longitudinal responsibilities include the following:
- complete a scholarly research project in pediatric care, choosing a topic of interest that contributes to the advancement of pediatric pharmacotherapy, and present results at the Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group (PPA) Annual Meeting and NYU Long Island School of Medicine House Staff Research Day
- participate in our continuing education efforts, plus those of the pharmacy department and clinical teams
- write medication use evaluations and drug monograph reviews
- assist with pediatric pharmacy administration and medication safety (for example, medication incident report follow-up)
- act as a pediatric antimicrobial steward through prospect audit and feedback
- conduct pharmacokinetic monitoring
- take part in weekend clinical staffing
- precept PGY-1 pharmacy residents and PharmD students (optional)
NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island has nine PGY-1 pharmacy practice residents, one PGY-2 infectious diseases resident, and one PGY-2 critical care resident, in addition to our PGY-2 pediatric pharmacy resident.
Pediatric Pharmacy Residency Stipend and Benefits
Residents receive a stipend of $60,000, as well as comprehensive health insurance, 10 vacation days, and 2 personal days.
Pediatric Pharmacy Residency Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must have a doctor of pharmacy degree (PharmD) from an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education–accredited college or school of pharmacy and be licensed or eligible for licensure in New York State.
How to Apply
We offer one PGY-2 position in pediatric pharmacy per year. Applicants must apply through the Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) and participate in the ASHP Resident Matching Program. The resident matching program code is 633761.
Applicants must submit the following materials by January 4, 2022:
- all official college transcripts
- three letters of recommendation
- letter of intent that describes the applicant’s goals and interests, their motivation for completing the PGY-2 Pediatric Pharmacy Residency, and reasons why they would like to be a part of NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island
An on-site interview, if requested, is also required and will be conducted at the applicant’s expense.
The residency start date is July 5, 2022, subject to change.
For more information about the PGY-2 Pediatric Pharmacy Residency, email program director Christie Clauss, PharmD, BCPS, BCPPS, at firstname.lastname@example.org.