Department of Surgery Clinical Services
Experts in NYU Long Island School of Medicine’s Department of Surgery take a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, enabling surgeons with complementary expertise to collaborate on an individualized care plan for every patient.
We use minimally invasive and robot-assisted approaches whenever possible, and our team has the skill set and experience to help patients with a wide range of needs, even those with medical conditions that other providers may have deemed “inoperable.”
Our surgeons have expertise in a wide range of procedures, including bariatric surgery; colon and rectal surgical procedures to treat conditions such as colon cancer, polyps, Crohn’s disease, and hemorrhoids; gallbladder removal; hernia repair; liver surgery; peritoneal chemotherapy; skin cancer surgery; stomach surgery; surgical treatment for gastroesophageal acid reflux (GERD); surgery to treat achalasia; and thyroid and parathyroid surgery.
We treat patients at inpatient and outpatient facilities across Long Island, including the following:
- NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island
- NYU Langone Bariatric Surgery Associates—Garden City and Patchogue
- NYU Langone Long Island Surgical Associates
- NYU Langone Huntington Medical Group
- NYU Langone Laurelton Medical
- Long Island Community Hospital
Learn more about our surgeons and practices in the following specialty areas:
- colorectal surgery
- head and neck surgery
- minimally invasive and bariatric surgery
- pediatric surgery
- plastic surgery
- surgical oncology
- vascular surgery
- trauma and acute care surgery
- wound healing and regenerative medicine
For more information about our services, please email Camille Glotzbecker, MPA, department administrator, at email@example.com.