MD Student & Graduate Services | NYU Grossman Long Island School of Medicine | NYU Langone Health

Skip to Main Content
MD Registration & Student Records MD Student & Graduate Services

MD Student & Graduate Services

The Office of Registration and Student Records maintains permanent academic records for all students and graduates of NYU Grossman Long Island School of Medicine.

Services for current students include registration, processing course drop and add requests, registering for away rotations, recording and distributing grades, and processing applications for the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).

Our office also processes alumni requests for transcripts, certificates of enrollment, degree verification, and other materials needed to obtain licensure or professional appointment.

The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) works to maintain your privacy as a student. You may want to change or review your records, review how FERPA discloses personal identifiable information, or find out how to file a complaint.

Transcripts, Diplomas, and Credential Verification

We provide official transcripts to third-party institutions, licensing boards, and educational programs at a cost of $5 for each requested document. Unofficial transcripts are available for a fee of $5 per transcript. This fee is waived for current students.

You receive only one copy of your NYU Grossman Long Island School of Medicine diploma. You may need to provide copies of your diploma to apply for medical licensure or jobs. We certify the authenticity of copies made from the original diploma. However, some licensing boards require notarization, which we do not provide. Please check state requirements.

Hospitals and medical organizations are required to verify your MD degree and may request certification of graduation. MD degree verification requests must be submitted by mail with an original signature.

Student and Alumni Forms

Use the following forms to request a student service.

Affidavit of Change of Name

Submit notarized proof of name change using the affidavit of change of name form.

Request for Documents

Apply for graduation and diploma certification, dean’s letters of recommendation, and official transcripts with the request for documents form.

Include the following information:

  • full name
  • recipient’s complete name and address
  • checks for official transcripts payable to NYU Grossman Long Island School of Medicine

There are no fees for diploma verification, graduation certifications, or dean’s letters. Transcript fees are waived for current students.

Although you may request a certification of graduation for an institution or program, all hospitals and medical organizations are required to verify your degree at the primary source. Organizations may do so by sending a written request to the Office of Registration and Student Records at

State Licensure Verification

Because licensure rules vary by location, we recommend that you carefully read all instructions provided with your licensure forms to determine individual state requirements regarding your medical school transcript. If the state requires you to submit a transcript with your licensure application, please include your licensure forms with your transcript request so that both documents can be sent together directly to the state licensing board.

Submit a Student Service Request

Submit your student service request by mail to the Office of Registration and Student Records at the following address:

101 Mineola Boulevard, Suite 2-084
Mineola, NY 11501

Or you can email your completed forms to